Feb 1, 2009

Who: Me, a decent girl from a decent khandan. I make decent food, too. Of course, if this were a marital ad, I would add that I am tall, fair, stylish, well-educated, and breathtakingly beautiful.

What: Blog that updates with translated lyrics of Pakistani music

Where: Here

Why: Because many Pakistanis live abroad, miss Pakistani culture, & don't know much Urdu...so they have to chase after more knowledgeable friends, cousins, and taxi drivers to decipher good songs for them. Then they give up & start listening to Linkin Park in despair. It's tragic, truly.

Also, I happen to be one of those Pakistanis. Translating song by song will improve my Urdu and make me less homesick.

---
Note: If you think a translation is off, let me know so I can correct it.

No comments:

Post a Comment