Feb 1, 2009

Waqt by EP

People get something wrong about this group & it puts them off. Well, let me clarify.

EP is NOT a wannabe Linkin Park. The groups Entity and Paradigm met one day & got together, and EP is what came out of it. In my opinion, they have excellent music, and dude, you can actually understand the words...totally not Linkin Park's thing.

I feel like this song right now. I love how it goes severe and tough one moment, softly sad the next.. & also the combination of Urdu music, the traditional flutes, with rock/rap.


Translation:

This is how the story goes, in and out.
One minute you're there, the next time runs out.
It's a figure of speech, as a matter of fact. Did you ever really think about the time you had?
It's the grain that falls, every second that crawls, to the minute to the hour--till infinity recalls. It's a barricade of twigs, that’s really never there.
Did you ever really think that time even cares?

I have a feeling that I hadn't given it thought:
time was running out, I kept walking.
Even in the shadows, there was a light.
In that light, a house was aflame.

So then, my heart wept--so what?
Time breaks expectations--so what?
We are going to make our own goals.
We will make time our own.

Become, become, become... Whatever I wish it to be... Become, become, become...

Here's a little something that you really can think about:
the time that got left and time that ran out.
Keeping in mind what I left behind, my sanity, my soul brought down to a fine line.
The pain, the shame--too late to quit this game.
I can never change....cuz i'm one of a kind.
Even if I wanted to, I couldn't decide...cuz I never really had time on my side.

Kept stumbling, kept being steadied.
In that silence, I kept dying.
Hope was the shade I sought.
Dreams were what I thirsted for.

So then, my heart wept--so what?
Time breaks expectations--so what?
We are going to make our own goals.
We will own time.

The dust-cloud's stupor left us drunk.
The lanterns that the curtains fell upon didn't light up--nor did their flames die out.

The dust-cloud's stupor left us drunk. The lanterns that the curtains fell upon didn't light up--nor did their flames die out....

Become, become, become... Whatever I wish it to be. Become, become, become...Whatever I wish it to be. Whatever I wish it to be. Whatever I wish it to be.
Just what I want it to become.

No comments:

Post a Comment