Nov 9, 2009

O Re Piya - Rahat Fateh Ali Khan

Moving, amazing song.

It was used in an Indian movie called "Aaja Nachle" but the singer is Pakistani, so I added it here.

It has deeper implications than mere romance..on one level it is also an Islamic song about the Prophet (SAW)'s ascent to Paradise.
This sets it apart from most love songs.



Was asked about lyrics, so here they are:

O my beloved

Why has my crazy mind begun to fly?
Where does this brave spirit come from?
The weaving wind makes chaos.
Even the raindrops won't come
Entire world is in on this conspiracy.
Every particle, particle has this wish.

Eyes speak, world speaks
Language of the heart, o language of the heart.
Love asks for something, love wants a storm.
Walking slowly, love is new.
First we made this promise.

O my beloved, o my beloved, o my beloved

Naked feet stepping on fire
Walking onwards, walking onwards
Seems as though I grew up amongst strangers.
Take me to your land.
This age of ignorance
Is my enemy.

O my beloved, o my beloved, o my beloved.


1 comment: